Position Title: Motiv8 Support Worker
Contract: Fixed Term until 31st March 2021 (possibility of extension pending further funding)
Salary: £16,324 - £19,045 per annum (dependent on skills, qualifications and experience)
Hours: 37.5 hours per week (daytime and some early evenings)
Motiv8 is an exciting and dynamic charity with over 22 years’ experience, working across Portsmouth and South East Hampshire. We are passionate about supporting young people and their families in the community, building trusting relationships to help equip them with the skills, resilience and opportunities to thrive.
We are looking for an exceptional individual who can join our vibrant Havant Team. Are you someone who is able to enthuse, inspire and empower young people? Do you have previous or lived experience of supporting young people who may be vulnerable or at risk? Can you work collaboratively with others? Do you have excellent communication skills? Are you creative, committed and adaptable, with the motivation to make a difference? If the answer is yes, we would love to hear from you.
To apply for this role, please click here where you can view all the information, register your details and download an application form.
If you have any queries regarding this role, please contact Marina Tuck email@example.com.
The closing date for this role is 12 noon on Friday 7th August 2020, with interviews held week commencing 24th August 2020.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate that they can work flexibly across all areas of our delivery including:
• Individual and family support; providing individual mentoring for young people and wider family support.
• Targeted group work; opportunities for young people to participate in group support work around particular issues or themes.
• Community and Enterprise; Working with young people through street based outreach and detached provision and evening youth hubs.
Motiv8 is committed to equal opportunities, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate for the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS)
We would welcome applications from individuals from underrepresented groups, including:
• black, Asian and minority ethnic communities
• those who identify as LGBTQ+
• those living with a disability.
In return for your hard work, we offer:
• A comprehensive training package, to provide you with personal and professional development
• Thorough induction into core modules of work, providing you with a solid grounding in the field
• Job role progression routes through a company competency framework
• A challenging but rewarding work environment where you can make a difference
• Continued wellbeing and welfare support to staff, through regular supervision, appraisals, staff feedback and access to support networks and 24 hour counselling access.