Are you someone who is able to enthuse, inspire and empower young people? Do you have previous or lived experience of supporting young people who may be vulnerable or at risk? Can you work collaboratively with others? Do you have excellent communication skills? Are you creative, committed and adaptable, with the motivation to make a difference? If the answer is yes, we would love to hear from you.
About the role
Position Title: Volunteer(s)
Location: In community based teams across South East Hampshire (Portsmouth, Gosport and/or Havant)
What is the role?
Motiv8 is a charity that is passionate about supporting young people and their families in the local community by building trusting relationships to equip them with the skills, resilience and opportunities to thrive.
We are looking for Volunteers with a passion for supporting young people and families to join our vibrant community based teams. The successful candidate will be part of a community team offering a varied programme of activities and opportunities to support young people’s personal, social and emotional development.
Some of the key responsibilities of the role include:
- Targeted group work; planning, overseeing and delivering youth provision for specific groups of young people particularly those most in need who may be vulnerable or at risk.
- Community and Enterprise; Working with young people through street based detached and outreach provision alongside evening youth hubs.
- Youth Voice: provide a range of youth participation opportunities to hear young people and involve them in decision-making.
What we are looking for
- Passion for supporting and empowering young people and families
- Creativity and solution focused thinking
- Respectful, honesty and integrity
- Ability to be adaptable, approachable and flexible
- High commitment to continuous professional practice and to continually look for ways to improve
- Be able to learn from experiences
- Be able to work collaboratively
Motiv8 is committed to equal opportunities, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate for the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS)
We would welcome applications from individuals from underrepresented groups, including:
- black, Asian and minority ethnic communities
- those who identify as LGBTQ+
- those living with a disability.
What we offer:
In return for your hard work, we offer:
- Continued wellbeing and welfare support to staff, through regular supervision, appraisals, staff feedback and access to support networks and 24 hour counselling access through the company Employee Assistance Program.
- A comprehensive training package, to provide you with personal and professional development and to support your continuous professional development
- Thorough induction into core modules of work, providing you with a solid grounding in the field
- A challenging but rewarding work environment where you can make a difference
- A value driven culture that focuses on the employee and their needs
To apply for this role, please e mail Marina Tuck on firstname.lastname@example.org. You will be then sent an application form.
Safeguarding statement and pre-employment checks
At Motiv8, we are fully committed to ensuring the safeguarding and welfare of our clients at all times. As part of our Safeguarding Policy and Procedures, all of our volunteers will be expected to comply. All successful applicants will be required to complete the following pre-employment screening checks:
- An identity check (photo ID)
- Receipt of a minimum of 2 references (one to be from most recent employer)
- Documentary evidence of right to work in the UK
- A satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS check)