Are you someone who is passionate about empowering young people and their families? Do you have experience of safeguarding, managing a team or projects and/or community based provision? Are you committed to hearing young people’s voices? Do you have excellent communication skills? Are you able to work collaboratively with a range of stakeholders and manage a varied but exciting portfolio?
About the job
Position Title: Services Manager Family Support
Location: Hybrid working with some work to be undertaken in community venues in Havant, Gosport and Portsmouth
Salary: £30,477 – £33,450 pro rata per annum (dependent on skills, experience and qualifications)
Hours: 25 - 30 hours per week
What is the role?
Motiv8 is a vibrant local youth charity, which supports young people and their families. Our work takes place in the heart of the community, with teams based in Portsmouth, Havant, Gosport and Fareham. Motiv8 teams deliver a range of free services including; family support, youth mentoring, wellbeing provision, targeted group work, youth clubs, detached street based youth work, employability support and alternative learning. Our vision is to create safer communities where young people feel inspired and empowered to reach their potential, and thrive.
We are looking for an experienced Services Manager for our vibrant Family Support team. Motiv8’s family well-being service aims to strengthen and empower families who may be experiencing difficult and complex circumstances. We provide quality, safe and accessible support for the whole family, helping to increase the skills confidence and abilities of all family members.
What does a day in the life of this role look like?
As a Services Manager you will help lead a highly motivated staff team, providing practical help and emotional support to families who may be experiencing a number of challenges. You be responsible for the supervision of family work within your team and across the organisation. This work will be to provide holistic wrap around community support, helping families to build on their strengths and address various challenges, reducing problems and risks. You will devise, lead, support and manage specific programmes of work to meet funder’s needs, ensuring contractual requirements and best practice standards are met. You will be part of the wider Management team alongside our other community teams, reporting to the Senior Management team.
What to expect:
Your work will be varied, not only developing a strong delivery programme across the team but also providing support to your staff team on a daily basis, whilst also undertaking key tasks such as supervision, appraisals etc. You will work collaboratively with the Head of Operations to ensure funder and commissioner reporting and relationships are managed and developed. You will be the lead Safeguarding Officer for the team and so experience in this area would be preferable. You will also be responsible for the budget for your team and will work in conjunction with the Head of Operations, Head of Fundraising and the Resources team to ensure this is accurately managed, whilst also actively promoting the work of Motiv8 to develop new opportunities.
You need a driving licence and ideally your own vehicle to visit different locations within your day-to-day role.
Core hours are Monday to Friday 9.00am-17.00pm but, you may be required on occasion to work early mornings, evenings or weekends to accommodate community or client work.
What we are looking for
- Passion for supporting and empowering young people and families
- Creativity and solution focused thinking
- Respectful, honesty and integrity
- Ability to be adaptable, approachable and flexible
- High commitment to continuous professional practice and to continually look for ways to improve
- Be able to learn from experiences
- Be able to work collaboratively
- Experience of managing a staff team
- Budget management
Motiv8 is committed to equal opportunities, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate for the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS)
We would welcome applications from individuals from underrepresented groups, including:
- black, Asian and minority ethnic communities
- those who identify as LGBTQ+
- those living with a disability.
What we offer:
In return for your hard work, we offer:
- Annual leave: 24 days for the first 5 years increasing to 27 days after 5 years and additional holiday for further long service
- Holiday purchase scheme to provide additional flexibility.
- Pension contribution of 3%
- Continued wellbeing and welfare support to staff, through regular supervision, appraisals, staff feedback and access to support networks and 24 hour counselling access through the company Employee Assistance Program.
- A comprehensive training package, to provide you with personal and professional development and to support your continuous professional development
- Thorough induction into core modules of work, providing you with a solid grounding in the field
- Job role progression routes through a company competency framework
- A challenging but rewarding work environment where you can make a difference
- A value driven culture that focuses on the employee and their needs
- Positive work culture – holding an Investors in People Gold accreditation
To apply for this role, please click here. This will take you to our online recruitment portal, where you can register your details and upload your CV, supporting statement and monitoring information. Please note which area you are interested in in on your application.
A copy of the application guidance and all links can be found below:
If you have any queries regarding this role, please contact Marina Tuck email@example.com.
Interviews may be conducted by phone/video/online – method to be advised and details will be given at offer of interview.
Safeguarding statement and pre-employment checks
At Motiv8, we are fully committed to ensuring the safeguarding and welfare of our clients at all times. As part of our Safeguarding Policy and Procedures, all of our employees and volunteers will be expected to comply. All successful applicants will be required to complete the following pre-employment screening checks:
- An identity check (photo ID)
- Receipt of a minimum of 2 references (one to be from most recent employer)
- Documentary evidence of right to work in the UK
- A satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS check)
The closing date for this role is midday on 17 July 2023
Click here for a copy of the Services Manager job description
Click here for a blank copy of the supporting statement form