Are you someone who is able to enthuse, inspire and empower young people? Do you have previous or lived experience of supporting young people and families who may be vulnerable or at risk? Can you work collaboratively with others? Do you have excellent communication skills? Are you creative, committed and adaptable, with the motivation to make a difference? If the answer is yes, we would love to hear from you.
About the job
Position Title: 2 x Family Support Workers
Location: Portsmouth, Gosport or Havant
Salary: £20,814 – £27,502 per annum (dependent on skills, experience and qualifications)
Hours: 37.5 hours per week (Part-Time/Job Share available)
What is the role?
Motiv8 is a vibrant local youth charity, which supports young people and their families. Our work takes place in the heart of the community, with teams based in Portsmouth, Havant, Gosport and Fareham. Motiv8 teams deliver a range of free services including; family support, youth mentoring, wellbeing provision, targeted group work, youth clubs, detached street based youth work, employability support and alternative learning. Our vision is to create safer communities where young people feel inspired and empowered to reach their potential, and thrive.
Motiv8’s family well-being service aims to strengthen and empower families who may be experiencing difficult and complex circumstances. We provide quality, safe and accessible support for the whole family, helping to increase the skills, confidence and abilities of all family members.
What does a day in the life of this role look like?
As a Family Support Worker, you'll offer practical help and emotional support to families who may be experiencing a number of challenges. You will hold a caseload of families, meeting with them regularly, in various locations such as; the family home, community settings, family hubs, Motiv8 venues, schools and colleges etc. The focus of your role is to provide holistic wrap around community support, helping families to identify and build on their strengths, and address various challenges, reducing problems and risks.
What to expect:
Your work will be varied, with a mixture of case holding, supporting community parent/carer drop in’s, development of family provision, delivering evidenced-based group programmes (full training provided), supporting your Motiv8 colleagues in applying a ‘think family’ approach and engagement with wider multi-agency partnerships, to ensure support in coordinated with robust safeguarding in place. Your time will be split between direct work with families and/or children and young people, supporting community family provision such as drop in’s/family hubs, attending meetings, and maintaining case notes. You need a driving licence and ideally your own vehicle to visit different locations within your day-to-day role.
Core hours are Monday to Friday 9.00am-17.00pm but, you may be required on occasion to work early mornings, evenings or weekends to accommodate the family's needs and commitments, such as work and school hours.
What we are looking for
- Passion for supporting and empowering young people and families
- Creativity and solution focused thinking
- Respectful, honesty and integrity
- Ability to be adaptable, approachable and flexible
- High commitment to continuous professional practice and to continually look for ways to improve
- Be able to learn from experiences
- Be able to work collaboratively
Motiv8 is committed to equal opportunities, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate for the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS)
We would welcome applications from individuals from underrepresented groups, including:
- black, Asian and minority ethnic communities
- those who identify as LGBTQ+
- those living with a disability.
What we offer:
In return for your hard work, we offer:
- Annual leave: 24 days for the first 5 years increasing to 27 days after 5 years and additional holiday for further long service
- Holiday purchase scheme to provide additional flexibility.
- Pension contribution of 3%
- Continued wellbeing and welfare support to staff, through regular supervision, appraisals, staff feedback and access to support networks and 24 hour counselling access through the company Employee Assistance Program.
- A comprehensive training package, to provide you with personal and professional development and to support your continuous professional development
- Thorough induction into core modules of work, providing you with a solid grounding in the field
- Job role progression routes through a company competency framework
- A challenging but rewarding work environment where you can make a difference
- A value driven culture that focuses on the employee and their needs
- Positive work culture – holding an Investors in People Gold accreditation
To apply for this role, please click here. This will take you to our online recruitment portal, where you can register your details and upload your CV, supporting statement and monitoring information. Please note which area you are interested in in on your application.
If you have any queries regarding this role, please contact Marina Tuck email@example.com.
Interviews may be conducted by phone/video/online – method to be advised and details will be given at offer of interview.
Safeguarding statement and pre-employment checks
At Motiv8, we are fully committed to ensuring the safeguarding and welfare of our clients at all times. As part of our Safeguarding Policy and Procedures, all of our employees and volunteers will be expected to comply. All successful applicants will be required to complete the following pre-employment screening checks:
- An identity check (photo ID)
- Receipt of a minimum of 2 references (one to be from most recent employer)
- Documentary evidence of right to work in the UK
- A satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS check)
The closing date for this role is midday on 23 May 2023
Interviews will take place week commencing 29 May 2023 and 5 June 2023.
Click here for a copy of the advert
Click here for a copy of the Gosport Family Support Worker job description
Click here for a copy of the Portsmouth Family Support Worker job description
Click here for a copy of the Havant Family Support Worker job description
Click here for a blank copy of the supporting statement form
Click here for a blank copy of the monitoring information form