Position Title: Lead Youth Support Worker (Sessional)
Contract: Fixed term contract for 12 months (with possibility of extension pending further funding)
Salary: £13.61 per hour
Hours: 2.5 hours per week (between 2.30pm and 5pm) on Wednesdays
Are you someone who is able to enthuse, inspire and empower young people? Do you have experience of supporting young people, or people who may be vulnerable or at risk? Can you work collaboratively with others? Do you have excellent communication skills? Are you creative, committed and adaptable, with the motivation to make a difference? If the answer is yes, we would love to hear from you.
The main responsibilities of the role will include:
- Working with young people within the LGBTQIA+ group
But could also include:
- Individual support; providing individual mentoring for young people
- Targeted group work; planning, overseeing and delivering youth provision for specific groups of young people particularly those most in need who may be vulnerable or at risk.
Motiv8 is a charity that is passionate about supporting young people and their families in the local community by building trusting relationships to equip them with the skills, resilience and opportunities to thrive.
We are looking for a skilled, committed and enthusiastic individual who can join our vibrant Havant Team based in Leigh Park, leading our LGBTQIA+ group. The successful candidate will be part of a community team offering a varied programme of activities and opportunities to support young people’s personal, social and emotional development and will have good knowledge about the community and the issues affecting it. Lived experience or work related experience in this area would be beneficial.
In return for your hard work, we offer:
- A comprehensive training package, to provide you with personal and professional development
- Thorough induction into core modules of work, providing you with a solid grounding in the field
- Job role progression routes through a company competency framework
- A challenging but rewarding work environment where you can make a difference
- Continued wellbeing and welfare support to staff, through regular supportive supervision, appraisals, staff feedback and 24 hour counselling access.
Motiv8 is committed to equal opportunities, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate for the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS)
To apply for this role, please click here. This will take you to our online recruitment portal, where you can register your details and upload your CV, supporting statement and monitoring information form.
If you have any queries, please contact Marina Tuck on email@example.com
The closing date for this role is midday on 26 May 2023
For a copy of the job description and person specification please click here
Forms to be completed with your CV
Supporting statement: please click here
Monitoring and evaluation form: please click here