The role is 1 x Senior Support Worker, working in the Gosport and Fareham area. We are seeking an exceptional individual who is committed to building trusted relationships with young people, families and the wider community. The role will involve supporting and supervising volunteers, alongside direct delivery including; group work and individual mentoring with young people.
£19,361 – £22,006 per annum (dependent on skills, qualifications and experience), working 37.5 hours per week (daytime and possible early evenings)
JOB TITLE: Senior Worker
RESPONSIBLE TO: Coordinator
RESPONSIBLE FOR: Duties as detailed below
PURPOSE OF JOB: To provide service provision which engages, motivates, challenges and supports young people
1. To be able to deputise on behalf of the Coordinator
2. To lead and support the planning, delivery and development of group based activities
3. To work with young people referred to MOTIV8, to engage and support with their personal development including providing evidence of progression
4. To work cooperatively and in partnership with other agencies to develop a multi-disciplinary approach to the delivery of services to disaffected young people.
5. To build effective networking relationships with partner agencies such as Probation, Youth Offending Team (YOT), education services, including schools and LEA services, to support appropriate referrals of young people to MOTIV8.
6. To undertake one to one support and intervention with young people as required.
7. To develop personal plans and undertake reviews with young people engaged on the project
8. To be responsible for ensuring client monitoring information is provided for funders, partner agencies and Motiv8 and to produce reports as and when required.
9. To meet safeguarding requirements and be able to identify and report child abuse and neglect.
10. To be able to conduct an assessment to identify child and family strengths and needs.
11. To have clear responsibility and be competent to be part of a Team Around the Child including working to an agreed multi-agency plan for a child and family.
12. To be able to act as lead professional.
13. To promote the development of volunteering opportunities for adults and young people engaged with Motiv8
14. Contribute to the development and distribution of volunteer recruitment literature and establish and maintain links with key agencies and partners to ensure the effective promotion of Motiv8 volunteering
15. To plan, coordinate and take part in the deliver of induction training for all new volunteer applicants. Undertake post training assessments and work with the Gosport and Fareham Services Manager to select suitable candidates
16. To support the design, development and delivery of a range of volunteer training opportunities which will enhance service provision and provide development opportunities
17. Conduct regular supervisions and give practical assistance to volunteers to ensure effective case management including providing support and arranging intervention with young people as required
18. Conduct regular volunteer group support meetings
1. To work within the policies and procedures of MOTIV8.
2. To contribute to the general administration of the office.
3. To take responsibility for the health and safety of yourself and others.
4. To undertake any other duties as reasonably required in line with the individuals capabilities
5. Undertake flexible working with occasional work outside contracted/core hours.
6. To comply with equal opportunities policy of MOTIV8 with reference to clients and staff.
7. To promote equal opportunities within MOTIV8.
8. To maintain confidentiality at all times with MOTIV8 Policies and Procedures.
9. To attend meetings and training as required.
10. To maintain monitoring and recording systems and to supply managers with relevant information.
11. To ensure the positive reflection and promotion of MOTIV8 to outside agencies.
12. To entertain professional standards and promote MOTIV8 services and relationships with external organisations and individuals.
13. To work towards building and developing MOTIV8’s services.
14. To be responsible for personal and professional development.
15. To actively pursue routes available for the development and improvement of MOTIV8’s standards and services.
Thorough understanding of issues affecting young people particularly around the impact of social and economic disadvantage on young people’s motivation, confidence and progress
Experience of networking, and the development of partnership working with providers and agencies
Understanding of current education priorities and initiatives
Experience of supervising others in a work based setting
Experience of working with volunteers
Experience of working with challenging young people, using both one to one and group work interventions
Issues affecting young people and knowledge of what works in preventing youth offending
Current legislation and policies relating to Childrens services, with specific reference to safeguarding, inter-agency working, youth crime prevention and education
Understanding of equality issues in relation to young people
Knowledge of young people risk factors
NVQ Level 2 in Youth work or other relevant field
To hold or complete initial Motiv8 competency within first 12 months (see Annex)
To hold or complete full competency requirements within 24 months (see Annex)
Ability to prioritise and organise own workload
Ability to think creatively and work collaboratively with other professions and agencies, both statutory and voluntary
Ability to communicate with young people and other professionals from a range of agencies.
A self starter with the ability to work on own initiative
Good oral and written communication skills
IT skills, including Microsoft Word and Excel
Advisory, advocacy and negotiation skills
Flexible working hours to include occasional weekend or evening work
Experience of service planning, achieving targets, monitoring and analysing information, and report writing
Experience of working with other agencies involved in supporting young people
Experience of needs assessment and case planning
Knowledge of relevant services for this client group in the area
Community Development and Community Cohesion
NVQ Level 3 in Youth work or other relevant field
Presentation and training skills
To apply for this role, please click here. This will take you to our online recruitment portal, where you can register your details and download an application form