Position Title: Senior Youth Support Worker
Salary: £22,644-£26,182 pro rata per annum (dependent on skills, qualifications and experience)
Hours: 10 hours per week (daytime and some evenings)
We are looking for an experienced Senior Youth Support Worker who can join our vibrant Gosport and Fareham team based in Gosport. The successful candidate will be part of a community team offering a varied programme of activities and opportunities to support young people’s personal, social and emotional development.
Some of the key responsibilities of the role include:
- Targeted group work; planning, overseeing and delivering youth provision for specific groups of young people particularly those most in need who may be vulnerable or at risk.
- Community and Enterprise; Working with young people through street based detached and outreach provision alongside evening youth hubs.
- Youth Voice: provide a range of youth participation opportunities to hear young people and involve them in decision-making.
Are you someone who is able to enthuse, inspire and empower young people? Do you have previous or lived experience of supporting young people who may be vulnerable or at risk? Can you work collaboratively with others? Do you have excellent communication skills? Are you creative, committed and adaptable, with the motivation to make a difference? If the answer is yes, we would love to hear from you.
In return for your hard work, we offer:
- A comprehensive training package, to provide you with personal and professional development
- Thorough induction into core modules of work, providing you with a solid grounding in the field
- Job role progression routes through a company competency framework
- A challenging but rewarding work environment where you can make a difference
- Continued wellbeing and welfare support to staff, through regular supervision, appraisals, staff feedback and access to support networks and 24 hour counselling access.
To apply for this role, please click here. This will take you to our online recruitment portal, where you can register your details and upload your CV, supporting statement and monitoring information
If you have any queries regarding this role, please contact Marina Tuck firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for this role is midday on 11 May 2022
Documents to complete and upload with your CV: