Position Title: Senior Youth Support Worker
Salary: £20,143 - £22,895 per annum (dependent on skills, qualifications and experience)
Hours: 37.5 hours per week (daytime and possible early evenings)
Motiv8 is a charity that is passionate about supporting young people and their families in the local community by building trusting relationships to equip them with the skills, resilience and opportunities to thrive.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Youth Support Worker who can join our vibrant fundraising team The successful candidate will be part of a vibrant team, working to improve the engagement of audiences with the stories of MOTIV8.
Some of the key responsibilities of the role include:
- Individual and family support; providing individual mentoring for young people alongside wider family support.
- Targeted group work; planning, overseeing and delivering youth provision for specific groups of young people particularly those most in need who may be vulnerable or at risk.
- Community and Enterprise; Working with young people through street based detached and outreach provision alongside evening youth hubs.
- Youth Voice: provide a range of youth participation opportunities to hear young people and involve them in decision-making
Are you someone who is able to enthuse, inspire and empower young people? Do you have previous or lived experience of supporting young people who may be vulnerable or at risk? Can you work collaboratively with others? Do you have excellent communication skills? Are you creative, committed and adaptable, with the motivation to make a difference? If the answer is yes, we would love to hear from you.
In return for your hard work, we offer:
- A comprehensive training package, to provide you with personal and professional development
- Thorough induction into core modules of work, providing you with a solid grounding in the field
- Job role progression routes through a company competency framework
- A challenging but rewarding work environment where you can make a difference
- Continued wellbeing and welfare support to staff, through regular supervision, appraisals, staff feedback and access to support networks and 24 hour counselling access.
Motiv8 is committed to equal opportunities, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate for the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS)
To apply for this role, please click here, this will take you to our online recruitment portal, where you can register your details and download an application form. If you would like an informal discussion about the role or a visit to our Tronoto Place building, please contact Kirsty Robertson on 02392 525026
The closing date for this role is 5pm on 28 October 2021
No CV’s cannot be accepted for this role