Position Title: Services Manager (Maternity cover)
Contract: 12 months (with the possibility of extension)
Salary: £29,015-£31845 per annum (dependent on skills, qualifications and experience)
Hours: 37.5 hours per week (daytime and some evenings)
Motiv8 is a charity that is passionate about supporting young people and their families in the local community by building trusting relationships to equip them with the skills, resilience and opportunities to thrive.
We are looking for an experienced Services Manager to provide Maternity cover for our vibrant Gosport and Fareham community based team. The team deliver a range of services from our dedicated young people’s center in Gosport, including young people’s mentoring support, family work, targeted group work and community based provision such as youth hubs and detached street based provision.
In addition, we are seeking someone who can be flexible in supporting capacity building across the whole organisation where required, providing support to our other community based teams in Havant and Portsmouth.
Some of the key responsibilities of the role include:
- To help lead a highly motivated staff team that engages, empowers and supports young people and their families to help sustain positive outcomes
- Devise, lead, support and manage specific programmes of work, ensuring contractual requirements and best practice standards are met
- Contribute to the overall development and implementation of services
- Responsibility for financial aspects of programmes of work in conjunction with the Head of Operations and Management team
Are you someone who is passionate about empowering young people and their families? Do you have experience of safeguarding, managing a team or projects and/or community based provision? Are you committed to hearing young people’s voices? Do you have excellent communication skills? Are you able to work collaboratively with a range of stakeholders and manage a varied but exciting portfolio?
If the answer is YES, we would love to hear from you.
In return for your hard work, we offer:
- A comprehensive training package, to provide you with personal and professional development
- Thorough induction into core modules of work, providing you with a solid grounding in the field
- Job role progression routes through a company competency framework
- A challenging but rewarding work environment where you can make a difference
- Continued wellbeing and welfare support to staff, through regular supervision, appraisals, staff feedback and access to support networks and 24 hour counselling access.
Motiv8 is committed to equal opportunities, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate for the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS)
If you would like to have an informal discussion about the role prior to application please contact Kirsty Robertson (Head of Operations) firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a telephone discussion
To apply for this role, please click on the link below. This will take you to our online recruitment portal, where you can register your details and upload your CV, supporting statement and monitoring information
You will be required to upload the following to the portal:
If you have any queries regarding this role, please contact Marina Tuck email@example.com.
The closing date for this role is midday on 22 July 2022
Interviews to be held on 28 or 28 July 2022.