Position Title: Sessional Bicycle Mechanic
Contract: Fixed Term until 30 September 2023
Salary: £10.97 per hour
Hours: Flexible, zero hours contract.
Motiv8 is a charity that is passionate about supporting young people and their families in the local community by building trusting relationships to equip them with the skills, resilience and opportunities to thrive.
We are looking for a Sessional Mechanic who can join our vibrant community team based in Portsmouth. The successful candidate will be part of a community team offering support to young people, teaching bike maintenance skills to help support young people’s personal, social and emotional development.
Some of the key responsibilities of the role include:
- Individual support; providing individual support to young people, helping them to learn a new skill, whilst also developing other skills alongside trained Motiv8 Youth Support Workers.
- Targeted group work; planning, overseeing and delivering bike maintenance sessions for specific groups of young people particularly those most in need who may be vulnerable or at risk, alongside trained Motiv8 Youth Support Workers
Are you someone who is able to enthuse, inspire and empower young people? Can you work collaboratively with others? Do you have excellent communication skills? Are you creative, committed and adaptable, with the motivation to make a difference? Do you have experience of bicycle maintenance and/or qualifications in this area? If the answer is yes, we would love to hear from you.
In return for your hard work, we offer:
- A comprehensive training package, to provide you with personal and professional development
- Thorough induction into core modules of work, providing you with a solid grounding in the field
- Job role progression routes through a company competency framework
- A challenging but rewarding work environment where you can make a difference
- Continued wellbeing and welfare support to staff, through regular supervision, appraisals, staff feedback and access to support networks and 24 hour counselling access.
Motiv8 is committed to equal opportunities, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate for the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS)
We would welcome applications from individuals from underrepresented groups, including:
- black, Asian and minority ethnic communities
- those who identify as LGBTQ+
- those living with a disability.
To apply for this role, please click here. This will take you to our online recruitment portal, where you can register your details and upload your CV, supporting statement and monitoring information
If you have any queries regarding this role, please contact Marina Tuck firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for this role is midday on 4 November 2022.