Position Title: Sessional Workers (Sessional or Lead depending on skills, qualification and experience)
Contract: Fixed Term until 31 March 2022 (possibility of extension pending further funding)
Salary: £9.74 to £11.78 per hour
Hours: Up to 10 hours per week (between 2pm and 8pm – see below for more details.) We would consider applicants who could only do 1 session per week.
Mondays 4.30-7.30pm (Youth Hub drop-in session)
Tuesdays 2-5.30pm (Youth Hub drop-in woodland session)
Thursdays 3-6pm (Youth Hub drop-in session)
Ad hoc afternoons/evenings – detached street based youth work and support with holiday activities.
Motiv8 is a charity that is passionate about supporting young people and their families in the local community by building trusting relationships to equip them with the skills, resilience and opportunities to thrive.
We are looking for 1 or more skilled, committed and enthusiastic individuals who can join our vibrant Havant Team based in Leigh Park. The successful candidate will be part of a community team offering a varied programme of activities and opportunities to support young people’s personal, social and emotional development.
The main responsibilities of the role will include:
- Working with young people within Youth Hub drop-in sessions and through street based detached and outreach provision.
But could also include:
- Individual support; providing individual mentoring for young people
- Targeted group work; planning, overseeing and delivering youth provision for specific groups of young people particularly those most in need who may be vulnerable or at risk.
Are you someone who is able to enthuse, inspire and empower young people? Do you have experience of supporting young people, or people who may be vulnerable or at risk? Can you work collaboratively with others? Do you have excellent communication skills? Are you creative, committed and adaptable, with the motivation to make a difference? If the answer is yes, we would love to hear from you.
In return for your hard work, we offer:
- A comprehensive training package, to provide you with personal and professional development
- Thorough induction into core modules of work, providing you with a solid grounding in the field
- Job role progression routes through a company competency framework
- A challenging but rewarding work environment where you can make a difference
- Continued wellbeing and welfare support to staff, through regular supportive supervision, appraisals, staff feedback and 24 hour counselling access.
Motiv8 is committed to equal opportunities, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate for the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS)
To apply for this role, please follow the link below. This will take you to our online recruitment portal, where you can register your details and download an application form.
The closing date for this role is midday on 26 August 2021.
Please note we do not accept CV’s