Are you someone who is able to enthuse, inspire and empower young people? Do you have previous or lived experience of supporting young people who may be vulnerable or at risk? Can you work collaboratively with others? Do you have excellent communication skills? Are you creative, committed and adaptable, with the motivation to make a difference? If the answer is yes, we would love to hear from you.
About the role
Position Title: Summer Volunteer Administrator (supporting the Gosport Team Administrator)
Location: Unit 29 Toronto Place, Gosport, Hants, PO12 4UZ
Hours: Between 10am and 3pm weekdays
What is the role?
Motiv8 is a vibrant local youth charity, which supports young people and their families. Our work takes place in the heart of the community, with teams based in Portsmouth, Havant, Gosport and Fareham. Motiv8 teams deliver a range of free services including; family support, youth mentoring, wellbeing provision, targeted group work, youth clubs, detached street based youth work, employability support and alternative learning. Our vision is to create safer communities where young people feel inspired and empowered to reach their potential, and thrive.
We are looking for Volunteers with a passion for supporting young people and families to join our vibrant community based teams. The successful candidate will be part of a community team offering a varied programme of activities and opportunities to support young people’s personal, social and emotional development
What does a day in the life of this role look like?
As a Volunteer, you will be supporting a wide variety of activities with young people and families. You will be part of a community team offering a varied programme of activities and opportunities to support young people’s personal, social and emotional development. Activities may include one to one support work, targeted group work (planning overseeing and delivering youth provision), community and social enterprise work (through street based detached and outreach provision alongside evening youth hubs) alongside providing youth participation activities.
You will be part of a team that is getting ready for a busy summer, full of activities for young people and their families. Your role will involve coming into the centre, checking in with staff around activities for the week, what is needed and supporting with the back office functions of a busy team. The tasks could involve you, helping to get art/ craft ready for sessions, helping to load and organise the transportation of resources to summer activity venues, handing out bus passes to young people/ parents that visit the centre, helping to register young people for summer schemes using the online forms and signposting families to local summer activities and events. The role could also involve supporting and volunteering on activity days, signing young people in to events and supporting the team where needed.
What to expect:
Your work will be varied but you will be part of a strong and vibrant team. You will work under the management of the Services Manager Gosport, Victoria Llewelyn, to provide administration support to the Gosport Team Administrator.
The hours of this volunteer role are between 10 am and 3pm, weekdays, but we will endeavour to work around you and your availability.
What we are looking for
- Passion for supporting and empowering young people and families
- Creativity and solution focused thinking
- Respectful, honesty and integrity
- Ability to be adaptable, approachable and flexible
- High commitment to continuous professional practice and to continually look for ways to improve
- Be able to learn from experiences
- Be able to work collaboratively
Motiv8 is committed to equal opportunities, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate for the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS)
We would welcome applications from individuals from underrepresented groups, including:
- black, Asian and minority ethnic communities
- those who identify as LGBTQ+
those living with a disability
What we offer:
It would not be possible to run our activities for young people and families without the help our incredible volunteers, giving their time skills and expertise to support the work that we do. We know that volunteers are motivated to join us for a variety of reasons from using their time positively to learning new skills. In joining us on our team. You will be supporting a vibrant organization and you will gain a wide variety of experience and skills, all whilst making a difference.
Volunteering with us is:
- Flexible – you give us the time you are able to
- Sociable – you will meet people from all walks of life and make new connections
- Useful – you will develop new skills and gain valuable experience
- Rewarding – you know that the time you can give will have an impact on the clients that we work with, helping to increase their life chances.
In return for your hard work, we offer:
- A comprehensive training package, to provide you with personal and professional development and to support your continuous professional development
- Thorough induction into core modules of work, providing you with a solid grounding in the field
- A challenging but rewarding work environment where you can make a difference
- A value driven culture that focuses on the employee and their needs
- Positive work culture – holding an Investors in People Gold accreditation
To view the information on this role and how to apply, please click here
If you have any queries about the role, please contact Marina Tuck on firstname.lastname@example.org