Motiv8 exists to improve the life chances of young people. We do this to reduce the risk of offending, anti-social behaviour and disengagement from learning or employment. We believe in developing the whole person and increasing soft skills including self-confidence and self-esteem alongside delivering hard outcomes.
The core of our work is based on evidence and research based practice and a continued investment in innovation. Our vision is a society where all young people are healthy, stay safe, enjoy and achieve, make a positive contribution and achieve economic well-being
We are looking to recruit skilled, motivated and committed volunteers to work on our Drop in open access youth hubs on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays between 2.30pm and 6.30pm, with young people aged between 9 plus years. Training will be provided and support from teams through shadowing, supervision and regular team meetings will also be available, where appropriate.
Volunteer Youth Support Workers will:
- Attend initial and on-going training to develop an understanding of the role and the responsibilities, and boundaries of a volunteer youth support worker.
- Agree to support activities on a regular basis for two or three hours per week.
- Commit to regular sessions for a period in excess of 3 months.
- Support the planning, development and delivery of sessions.
- Recognise and celebrate achievements made by young people.
- Adhere to Motiv8 Policy & Procedures, with a particular focus on Safeguarding, Confidentiality, Equal Opportunities and Health & Safety.
- While the ability to communicate effectively, build rapport and engage with young people is essential, specific experience in this area is not required.
- Have good communication skills, particularly when engaging young people.
- Able to work effectively as part of a team.
- Be non-judgemental in your approach.
- Ability to reflect on your own work and have a desire and willingness to attend on-going training to support your development within the role.
- Have a clear understanding of appropriate boundaries when working with young people.
- Be reliable, punctual and dependable.