We are currently recruiting for Volunteer Bicycle Mechanics to support regularly within the Gosport Community Cycle Centre and our Portsmouth venue at St Margarets church, Portsmouth.
Hours for the venue at St Margarets are Monday, Wednesday and Thursday afternoons and all day Fridays
Hours for the Gosport shop are variable between Tue and Friday
Volunteer Bicycle Mechanics will:
– Repair, check and service used bikes ready for customer sale.
– Repair, check and service customer’s bikes.
– Provide an off-site service for the repair, maintenance, collection and delivery of bikes to customers, where available.
– Take responsibility for equipment and tools and ensure these are stored safely and appropriately.
– Keep a record of all items used and reclaimed to aid stock taking.
– Assist in the staffing stands at public events (some at weekends), where available.
– Be customer service orientated at all times, advising and communicating fully with our customers.
– Ensure skills are kept up to date with attendance at required training events.
– Assist in the general running and maintenance of the centre.
– Support with the collection and delivery of bikes, where appropriate.
– Technical knowledge of bike maintenance and repair is essential. Mechanics will hold a Cyctech/Velotech certification or equivalent.
– Be able to work independently but also understand when to ask for support and advice.
– Be able to work as part of a team.
– Be able to offer support and guidance to other volunteers in the team.
– Technical knowledge of general maintenance and use of hand tools is essential.
– Experience of working within a bike shop or workshop environment in a paid or non-paid setting would be an advantage.