Position Title: Youth Support Worker/Senior Youth Support Worker
Salary: £18,042-£25,669 per annum (dependent on skills, qualifications and experience)
Hours: 37.5 hours per week (daytime and some evenings)
Motiv8 is a charity that is passionate about supporting young people and their families in the local community by building trusting relationships to equip them with the skills, resilience and opportunities to thrive.
We are looking for an experienced Youth Support Worker/Senior Youth Support Worker who can join our vibrant Portsmouth teams based in Portsea and Southsea. The successful candidate will be part of a community team offering a varied programme of activities and opportunities to support young people’s personal, social and emotional development.
Are you someone who is able to enthuse, inspire and empower young people? Do you have previous or lived experience of supporting young people who may be vulnerable or at risk? Can you work collaboratively with others? Do you have excellent communication skills? Are you creative, committed and adaptable, with the motivation to make a difference? If the answer is yes, we would love to hear from you.
Some of the key responsibilities of the role include:
- Individual and family support; providing individual mentoring for young people alongside wider family support.
- Targeted group work; planning, overseeing and delivering youth provision for specific groups of young people particularly those most in need who may be vulnerable or at risk.
- Community and Enterprise; Working with young people through street based detached and outreach provision alongside evening youth hubs.
- Youth Voice: provide a range of youth participation opportunities to hear young people and involve them in decision-making.
In return for your hard work, we offer:
- A comprehensive training package, to provide you with personal and professional development
- Thorough induction into core modules of work, providing you with a solid grounding in the field
- Job role progression routes through a company competency framework
- A challenging but rewarding work environment where you can make a difference
- Continued wellbeing and welfare support to staff, through regular supervision, appraisals, staff feedback and access to support networks and 24 hour counselling access.
To apply for this role, please click here. This will take you to our online recruitment portal, where you can register your details and upload your CV, supporting statement and monitoring information, which are shown below.