Gosport & Fareham Youth Events and Activities:
At Motiv8 in Gosport and Fareham, we provide a range of activities to support and help inspire vulnerable young people.
Below is a list of youth hub centres, clubs and other events going on in Gosport and the surrounding areas.
To view the full itinerary we have linked all hub activities here, as well as other information for each event below.
- Wellbeing Hub – Every Tuesday – Unit 29 Toronto Place, Gosport, PO12 4UZ, anytime drop in (via referral) to suit you! (ages 13+)
- Chillout Tuesdays & Sexual Health Advice – Every Tuesday – Unit 29 Toronto Place, Gosport, PO12 4UZ, 3:30PM – 5:00PM (ages 13+)
- Support Hub for Parents & Carers – First Friday of Every Month – Unit 29 Toronto Place, Gosport, PO12 4UZ, 12:00PM – 6:00PM
- Parent / Career Coffee Morning – First Friday of Every Month – Unit 29 Toronto Place, Gosport, PO12 4UZ, 9:30AM -11:00AM
- Music Hub – Every Thursday – Rowner Youth Arts and Media Centre, 77 Blanchard Avenue, Gosport, PO13 8NF, 06:30PM – 8PM (ages 13+)
- Progression Hub – Every Thursday – Unit 29 Toronto Place, Gosport, PO12 4UZ, 11:00AM – 4:00PM (via referral, ages 16+)
- Skills Hub for Creative Writing! – Every Thursday – Unit 29 Toronto Place, Gosport, PO12 4UZ, 4:30PM – 6:00PM (ages 14+)
- Youth Hub – Every Wednesday – Unit 29 Toronto Place, Gosport, PO12 4UZ, 5:30PM – 7:00PM (ages 9 – 12)
- Youth Hub – Every Monday – Rowner Youth Arts and Media Centre, 77 Blanchard Avenue, Gosport, PO13 8NF, 5:00PM – 6:00PM & 06:30PM – 7:30PM (ages 7 – 11)
Donations are extremely important in order to keep these activities and support centres running for struggling young people and their families.
If you are interested in supporting our charity, please feel free to donate today using our online form.
For any further information please call the Gosport team on 02392 525 026.
IGNITE is an exciting opportunity, part funded by the European Social Fund, to establish a ‘Youth and Community Preparation Training Hub’ for those who are currently unemployed or inactive living in the Gosport or Fareham area. Our aim is to encourage those from BAME communities, people with a disabilities and those who are facing multiple barriers to employment, to engage in a person-centred development programme, which we hope will IGNITE their passion to pursue a career in either youth work or wider community/support roles.
Youth and community roles can be very rewarding, however routes in can be hard to navigate. For those facing multiple barriers to employment, the opportunity to gain valuable experience can also be difficult. Without suitable experience, people are unable to ‘test’ whether this is a career option for them and the idea of undertaking substantial further training can seem too daunting a prospect.
Youth and community workers provide support to individuals or groups through a range of activities or services that aim to encourage participation in social and community life and promote personal and social development. As a sector we have been challenging ourselves about diversifying the workforce, in particularly encouraging those with lived experience and/or those from underrepresented groups such as the BAME community. Through IGNITE we will
– provide participants with positive self-development, and a solid foundation in youth and community work which will support their onward journey.
– support the participant intensively for 3-6 months dependent upon need, with the option of extending this support if required.
The participant’s journey would include:
• Personalised plan to meet their holistic needs e.g. managing anxiety, suitable housing etc. Alongside building on their strengths
• Regular weekly individual mentoring with a dedicated support worker
• Experiential learning through supported volunteering opportunities, group or peer meetings/training
• Accredited Entry Level 3 or Level 1 Award or Certificate – Preparation for Youth and Community Work (Laser Learning, Employability and Progression Award)
• Supplementary certificated training including; Safeguarding, Health & Safety, Trauma informed practice, Equality, and Diversity.
If you would like more information on this project, please e mail email@example.com with the subject line IGNITE