Young people and families are still emerging from the pandemic two years which entirely changed their experiences of growing up. We are seeing an ever increasing number of young people who need us and we are working with more young people than ever before who have serious and complex emotional health needs.
They are coming to us with the overwhelming feeling of being empty and alone with a sense that their futures are limited and that their voices are not being heard. They are seeking experiences which they have missed, challenging and caring conversations about things that are important to them, especially world events, which are causing added anxiety and pressure. They are feeling unsafe in their communities, and they want to access free and safe places to be with their peers.
Motiv8 is determined that young people have a safe place and trusted people to turn to, we are working harder than ever before to help all young people feel and be safe and to find their individual opportunities to thrive.
Our Vision is to create safer communities where young people feel inspired and empowered to reach their potential. We do this through building trusting relationships in which we engage them to gain the skills, resilience and opportunities to thrive.
We are looking for Community Event Volunteers to volunteer at indoor and outdoor community events and at the Head office (at 6 Queen St, Portsmouth, Hants, PO1 3HL.)
Motiv8 is a vibrant organisation that engages with young people and supports them in accessing better life chances. We work in local communities, within schools and help young people into employment.
We understand the importance of marketing and publicising the work that we do. We are creating enthusiastic group of volunteers who are fully trained to help with up to 10 events per year out across our local community.
Opportunities to volunteer will come in the form of local community days, music events, cultural events or similar events and celebrations that give us a change to showcase all the good things happening within Motiv8.
The skills we are looking for within this role include:
- Help set up and pack down, running the stand, gazebo, activities for families and young people, tables, info about Motiv8 at community events.
- Tickets booth, sign in desk, photography and social media posting, short videos, handing our event information, giving away freebies, taking donations online and in cash at a variety of events.
- Communicating the ethos of Motiv8 to a wide variety of people.
Early evening and weekend availability is essential.
Personal requirements include:
- Good communication skills
- Able to work well independently and as part of the team
- Self-motivated and pro active
What we offer:
In return for your hard work, we offer:
- Continued wellbeing and welfare support to staff, through regular supervision, appraisals, staff feedback and access to support networks and 24 hour counselling access through the company Employee Assistance Program.
- A comprehensive training package, to provide you with personal and professional development and to support your continuous professional development
- Thorough induction into core modules of work, providing you with a solid grounding in the field
- A challenging but rewarding work environment where you can make a difference
- A value driven culture that focuses on the employee and their needs
To apply for this role, please e mail Marina Tuck on firstname.lastname@example.org. You will be then sent an application form.
Safeguarding statement and pre-employment checks
At Motiv8, we are fully committed to ensuring the safeguarding and welfare of our clients at all times. As part of our Safeguarding Policy and Procedures, all of our volunteers will be expected to comply. All successful applicants will be required to complete the following pre-employment screening checks:
- An identity check (photo ID)
- Receipt of a minimum of 2 references (one to be from most recent employer)
- Documentary evidence of right to work in the UK
- A satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS check)